Car jumpstart powerpacks

That really is most unusual. I was unlucky with this one - the battery failed only a matter of days outside the warranty. And due to the odd shape I had to replace it with what looked to be the same make - but badged Bosch, rather than BMW. It has lasted well, though - now at 7 years old. Knowing my luck it will now be flat when I try and start the car later today. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They were all Ford batteries. Maybe that is also relevant?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Maybe. My old Focus is almost 12 years old, and battery failed a few weeks back. A friends is 11 years old and still on original battery.

My CMAX is 7 years old and fine on original (tempting fate there... bet it won't start tonight...)

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

In message , D.M.Chapman writes

The Mondeos was about 8 yo I guess

Reply to
chris French

My last car, kept for 9 years, occasionally after a couple of years, wouldn't start on first turn of the key, the starter would stall. Next turn it was ok.

The garage (a small reliable (but not main agent)) said the battery was marginal, but not worth replacing yet.

The starting got slowly worse, and at about 6 years a new battery was got (the old one was described by quickfit as just in spec).

For the previous 2 or 3 years, I'd got through headlamp bulbs with monotonous regularity.

All was fine with the new battery. I'm not sure what the problem was (intermittent high internal resistance??) with the original battery (it wasn't the connections) but I would now replace sooner rathr than later. YMMV.

Reply to
<me9

Very unlucky, I made an out of warranty claim and got my car repaired free when it broke a couple of months out of warranty. Manufacturers rarely use the warranty date as an absolute cut off IME.

Reply to
dennis

You've obviously no experience of my local BMW dealer. Not a coincidence - they went out of business. Which must be a first, given how numerous the cars are.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I have no experience of a BMW dealer and I have no intention of doing so. I think BMW make cr@p cars. BMW do have out of warranty claims procedures though.

Reply to
dennis

Good for you. I'll take as much notice of that as all your other opinions.

So you have had a battery replaced for free outside a 3 year warranty?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I have had several things replaced after the warranty has expired. I have never had a battery fail (yet).

Reply to
dennis