car auxhilliary heater

That article looks more like the ramblings of a deranged robot...

So now it's ok to use forums when it suits you?

However, you seem to have missed the bit that it's talking about an E38 (7 Series) when you claimed to have seen this in a 5 Series option list.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's the logical way to do it. Problem with any heat store is whether it will work when needed. If it wasn't fully 'charged' by the previous journey, it's not going to work when needed. And one which might work the next morning might not work if the car isn't used every day.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well it *is* a talk page, not an article, so backstage discussion by the wiki elves ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Not what I said

Read and understand.

This forum managed to turn up evidence of the existence of this heater where your much vaunted forum never heard of it.

Reply to
fred

No idea what you are wittering on about.

And what's so strange about that. At least I admit my failings. You are still floundering around trying to deny the existence despite

At least one person remembers it

BMW UK confirmed it.

I showed you a BMW options list with it on it

Various forums mention it.

People have asked for advice on servicing it.

WTF does it take to convince you. Have you anything between your ears. Give it up. You're flogging a dead horse.

Your research failed abysmally to turn up ANYTHING on it until you were pointed in the correct direction.

Are you seriously suggesting that BMW would offer an imaginary product for sale ?

Did you bother to follow any of the references given in the Wiki article.

Are all those who contributed to this article making it all up.

MPG figures in advertising blurbs has sfa to do with this and is merely another of your red herrings

Did I claim that ? And why would it be beyond the possibility ?

Reply to
fred

So for a product that doesn't exist the following are all imaginary?

And both of these refer to 5 series BMWs

You really will have to learn how to do basic research.

Reply to
fred

Oh and reference to it appeared in a Haynes manual. For a phantom product this is going some.

Reply to
fred

You wrote to BMW UK didn't you? The reply will have been from a sales/marketing/PR bod.

Sand wouldn't be latent heat storage either - it has to be phase change for the name, and for it to actually work. I see it isn't necessarily sodium acetate though.

Reply to
Clive George

You seem to have missed the disclaimer at the top of the page.

" Not sure if this is E38 - probably not "

Reply to
fred

Agreed - it does appear to be all-model and covering a fairly wide period, going by the references throughout it to other model ranges. E30, E31, E32, E34, E36, E38, E39, E85, R50, R53

Option code 907 is interesting... "James Bond Edition"

Reply to
Adrian

ne and which BMW UK say is correct ? Where is the fuel burning cabin heater coming from ?

Perhaps. Who knows? And anyway he may have researched his reply whoever he/ she was. Who knows. This is all conjecture.

comment about using sand to store engine heat to be released later. This is closer to what I remember. After all electric storage heaters use bricks o r concrete blocks to store heat. These obviously would be too heavy for use in a car, hence possibly, the concept of using aluminium.

Not having any knowledge of how a latent heat store works my tenuous grasp takes it to mean that heat from the engine is stored in a chemical solution . By any possibility could this solution be contained in a lump of aluminiu m ?. Could that be where I got the idea from? As I had no real interest in what was an expensive extra I would not have studied it in detail

Reply to
fred

I'm still waiting for you to produce evidence it did exist in pratice. A comment on it from an actual owner will do.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Crikey. Quoting Haynes as proof of anything strikes of pure desperation.

I take it your one of these bar room 'mechanics'?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Oh I saw it. Not really interested in the ramblings of someone who doesn't know an E38 from an E39. Probably came from BMW (UK).

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Crikey again. BMW are only interested in selling new cars. You probably got a reply from the office boy.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Pure maliciouls conjecture.

You've obviously never visited a BMW garage. They heavily promote used vehicles. If you are essaying to conjecture a difference between BMW UK and their dealer network you,re living in lala land.

fred

And so the denial continues. More to be pitied than laughed at. Now you nee d a comment from an owner. Why should I bother pointing you towards one. Re search it yourself. They're out there . No doubt if you turned one up you'd then insist on it being shown you fitted to a car.

Reply to
fred

Too easy. Just keep denying all and every evidence presented to you. I haven't put a spanner to a car in years. I pay others to do it.

But Haynes are very respected publishers of car manuals and have been for many years. Id believe them before I'd believe some yahoo on a newsgroup.

Reply to
fred

Oh, I have.

Yes - anything they can sell.

And if you think there's anything in common between BMW 'support and selling, you've never actually owned a BMW...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Tee-hee. That certainly shows you wouldn't know a spanner from a kitting needle.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)