Canon Oven Element Puzzler

Asked by a friend to look at his cooker as the main oven was not getting hot, it's a Canon freestanding cooker, electric ovens and grill and gas hob. Replaced the element as the old one had died, before I put it all back together I switched on and nothing, no heat and no fan so I metered the element and it was OK so I thought the switch must have gone when the element did but I was unable to get to it without stripping the cooker right down, so whilst I sat there scratching me head I noticed a push switch on the oven door frame on first impressions I thought it for the oven light so I pressed it expecting the light to go out and to my surprise the oven fan started and the element started to get hot. This is the first cooker I have found with a cutout switch that switches of the fan and element when you open the door.

Reply to
Trevor Smith

The first Philips branded oven we bought for this place had such a switch - subsequent ovens haven't though...

Lee

Reply to
Lee