Candy dishwasher detergent dispenser

Hi all

Model is CD474

The door on the detergent dispenser no longer flips open

Candy part 98.00 + vat Hoover equivalent 46.50 + vat

2 questions

If I recall correctly dispenser door opens very soon after start of program so is there any reason why I can't just drop the dishwasher tablet in the bottom of the machine at the start?

Is solenoid 240 volt? if so I could test with a mains supply to check that it is that and not the programmer that is at fault

any help appreciated

Tony

Reply to
TMC

Funnily enough, our 4 year old Candy had the same problem. We still use it, and throw the tablet either into the base of the washer, or nto the cultery basket.

Seems to work either way. Tablet gets disolved, dishes appear clean most of the time.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2