Dishwasher -detergent- chlorine.

I've just got around to reading the users' manual for a Bosch dishwasher which informed me that there are _three_ types of detergent; one with phosphates one with phosphates and _chlorine_ (bleaching agent) one with neither phosphate nor chlorine.
Apparently _chlorine_ is included for cleaning (obscuring) stains such as tea.
[This has nothing to do with three-in-one; four-in-one etc... which the manual describes in later pages]
I've checked with all the detergents stocked at my local Tesco shop and none have _chlorine_ listed in their ingredients. Most cite >5% x <15 % 'oxygen-based cleaners' .
Does any other reader use dishwasher detergents containing _chlorine_ ? If so , where; what-brand,
It may be a 'stock-for-local-conditions' policy of the retailer - but I'd hate to be another exemplar on the Jeremy Vibe show.
--
Brian

Brian Sharrock wrote:

I think you will find 'oxygen-based cleaners' are weasel words for bleach or a bleaching agent. I suspect they don't want to put the words 'contains bleach' because it might put some punters off.
Pure chlorine gas will bleach colors, but in household bleaches, sodium hypochlorite or calcium hypochlorite are normally used. They work by releasing oxygen, not chlorine. The chlorine remains in solution, either as sodium chloride (table salt), or calcium chloride.
HTH
Dave

So why does the released oxygen (not chlorine) smell of chlorine, or is it the sodium chloride that smells of chlorine ?
Nick
Nick wrote:

The sodium hypochlorite smells of chlorine.
Dave