Dishwasher -detergent- chlorine.

I've just got around to reading the users' manual for a Bosch dishwasher which informed me that there are _three_ types of detergent; one with phosphates one with phosphates and _chlorine_ (bleaching agent) one with neither phosphate nor chlorine.

Apparently _chlorine_ is included for cleaning (obscuring) stains such as tea.

[This has nothing to do with three-in-one; four-in-one etc... which the manual describes in later pages]

I've checked with all the detergents stocked at my local Tesco shop and none have _chlorine_ listed in their ingredients. Most cite >5% x

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

david lang

So why does the released oxygen (not chlorine) smell of chlorine, or is it the sodium chloride that smells of chlorine ?

Nick

Reply to
Nick

The sodium hypochlorite smells of chlorine.

Dave

Reply to
david lang