Cable to electric cooker

Just bought a new cooker [without checking the powe spec ...] and it looks like I may be in for a re-wire!

the manual gives the rating as 10.8 - 11.9 KW. Will my existing 6mm twin and earth be adequate?

Anyone know of a web site that gives this sort of detail please? I've tried Google but must be asking the wrong questions!!

Thanks

Roger C

Reply to
Roger C

David

Reply to
Lobster

yes because you apply diversity

Reply to
nacional

I had diversity training in March. We did not deal with cookers, but we did learn some other more important things. In particular you cannot say "ethnic minority" any more. This is EXTREMELY offensive for the obvious reasons. You should say "minority ethnic" instead. This shows a great level of sensitivity and cultural awareness.

Anita Palley

Yes, of course.

It should be, "Ethnic majority"....

Reply to
Neil Barker

I do have one question. Would you recommend the OP rewires (if needed) in grey or white PVC T&E? Which colour is the most acceptable by the people who have been on diversity training?

Adam

PS WTF is diversity training? Is it a good attendance award like a humanities degree (ie copying books and learning FA)?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Sort of, but given by people *with* a humanities degree who can't find a real job.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

It's getting more like majoritory now. Most of the groups of people concerned have no complaints. The people that cause the trouble and the correctness by getting offended on other peoples behalf without permission need shooting. It's only a small group that have nothing to do with the groups or people concerned that ever get offended for no real reason.

Yes 6mm will be acceptable!

Reply to
Clark

Pink Twin & Earth is acceptable - that had to be introduced so that one group could identify with it and feel all safe. It also looks quite pretty.

Reply to
Clark

In message , Clark writes

But it's a bit volatile. I once rubbed the end of one and it blew me....

flat on my back.

Reply to
Clive Mitchell

I'm sorry but having a bias towards either is quite unacceptable. You can tell racist aerial installers: they insist on running brown cables down stock brick walls because ITHO white cables wouldn't fit in .

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Satellite dishes on council estates now seem to be installed with white cables.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 11:31:01 GMT someone who may be Tony Bryer wrote this:-

Does this also extend to the colours of the insulation? Is red, yellow, blue and black preferable to brown, black, grey and blue, or are the politically correct not bothered?

Reply to
David Hansen