Builders' labour costs, ball-park figure wanted

I'm trying to come up with some guestimates for the cost of some odds and sods of building work. I can find out material costs fairly easily but I'm a bit out of touch with labour costs.

So - what sort of amount is one likely to be charged by a builder (or small building company) for labour - in North London?

The work involved is stuff like replacing soffits, exterior decorating, gutter and downpipe replacement, window and door replacements. In all there is probably a few days work.

Reply to
tinnews

To restore balance to the world snipped-for-privacy@isbd.co.uk wrote in

48bfa33d$0$523$ snipped-for-privacy@news.gradwell.net

A good starting point:

?content=/content/marketing/handyman/nw.jsp&menu=nwhandyman&noleftnav=trueChris

Reply to
Joker7

Thanks, yes.

Reply to
tinnews

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I could roll you out very thin and then you would. ;-)

Reply to
PJ

Thanks, that's exactly the sort of 'hard fact' we need to be able to wave at them. I've actually done some estimates based on a rate of £280/day and have still ended up with cost *way* less than they have charged.

Their real problem is their huge 'overheads' (or what they call overheads) which add 50% to their quoted prices for the various bits of work. (Well another problem was that half the work wasn't actually done but that's a different issue!)

Reply to
tinnews