builders wanted

Hi, I am looking for a builder in Liverpool and its been one hell of a chore. I have looked in the yellow pages and booked a few builders, The builders haven't turned up. I need a wall taken down and a radiator moving and a door taken down and plastered. It basic work for a builder, but can't get one. The work doesn't need doing immediately, but it will have to be done

Thanx

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen
4 posts on the same topic - you need a new news server more than a builder.
Reply to
Colin Wilson

Ref: "Builders" or "A builder wanted"? Stephen; this is a "do it yourself group". If you were asking 'how' to do something , or were asking about a specific problem you have encountered, you might get helpful response. There are some very knowledgeable here. But this news group is not a "For Sale" a "Work Wanted" or a 'Trade Reference Directory'. There might be a 'part timer', in your area, capable of doing some simple work (such as painting or minor repairs). Taking into account, perhaps, the structural requirements of removing or moving? a wall and replumbing a radiator, that's two trades at least involved, it would be best to ask around to find a general contractor who is free at this peak (summer) time of year. Contractors may currently be very busy doing larger work? Building contracting can be an 'iffy' business at best of times, and they have to take work as it comes and try to stay in business during the 'off' season or slow work periods. BTW maybe a municipal permit may be required to do work to the house? My suggestion. Terry.

Reply to
Terry

Cheers

Stephen