Ball park figure for an extension.

Single story extension to a kitchen in a fairly recent timber framed house. Size about 15x12ft. Side walls brick - end wall opening (hinged) glass full size doors. Sloping roof tiled to match. Lights installed, but other wise just to decorator's finish. No plumbing or kitchen units. Good access to site. Very rough idea of price?
--
*Snowmen fall from Heaven unassembled*

Dave Plowman (News) wrote ...

http://www.whatprice.co.uk/building/home-extension.html
£200 per cubic metre
On 08/03/2013 02:17, Eric wrote:

£1000m2, I was told a couple of years back, Sheffield prices.
Rob

£100 a sq foot floor area roughly.
--
Ineptocracy

That's interesting. I'd expect a cost per foot of perimeter plus a cost per square foot of floor/roof.
I notice that your figure pretty well matches Rob's, albeit he's metric.
Andy
On Friday, March 8, 2013 10:30:01 AM UTC, Andy Champ wrote:

Yes, but for a normal domestic building, the perimeter to area ratio doesn't vary *that* much - certainly much less than the variation in the cost of materials and finishes - so it all gets lost in the noise.
On 08/03/13 13:40, Martin Bonner wrote:

Exactly. And on a smallish extension the builder could spend a week of his time and a thousand on the bill coming up with a better figure that was 900 pounds less.. on a job that might be less than a month, 3 days bad weather can cost him 5000 quid..
In the end they quote a guesstimate. Sometimes they make good money, sometimes they barely get a living wage.
--
Ineptocracy

Basically doing it your way doesn’t make a lot of difference to the result. The figure used per unit of area varys more than that in reality.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

1K per m2
This price covers the footprint of the building, *not* the internal floor area

From a very recent extension I worked on, kitchen and living room extended, approx 4m x 8, open apex roof inside, velux windows, numerous BIG steels put in, chimney taken down etc. i.e., not a basic extension, £30k here in Leicester.