Brass Pendant Lampholders

Have been looking for some pendant lampholders which don't go brittle and fall apart!

I was going to go for brass, but haven't managed to find any, I can find brass lampholders suitable for fitting to lamp standards etc (don't know if these inorporate a cord grip), but not pendant.

Did these ever exist?

Have they been banned by nanny?

Am I just not looking hard enough?

TIA

Chris

Reply to
cpvh

Don't know but are you wanting one for normal filament bulbs? If not then they are unlikely to get as brittle in use if they are plastic. There used to be a kind of screw in thing for the ones used for standard pedestal lamps that had a strain relief in it, The snag as I recall was these devices war in fact made of plastic, so tended to fall to bits ripping the lamp hollder off due to the weight!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

What's wrong with eg BC

? ES
?

Reply to
Robin

and fall apart! > What's wrong with eg BC

ucts/TLBPHslashBC.html ? ES
ES.html ? -- Robin reply to address is (meant to be) valid

Possibly what Brian said, but thank you. I will investigate further!

Chris

Reply to
cpvh

Still made in Birmingham by

Andy Wade

Back in the day they used to make some that were a kind of black epoxy stuff and I nevder found those cracking or sticking, so it could be done, so I guess nowadays they all use cheap plastic. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff