BoilerMag or equivalent

agreed, but keep in mind that even a straight "like for like" boiler swap will take at least a couple of man days if you are doing it thoroughly, and more if you need to do things like convert vented to unvented, or floor standing to wall mount etc.

Reply to
John Rumm

Noted. When mine was changed from a knackered indoor to an outdoor, due to lack of space, it took two professional men one day do the change. The base for the new boiler had been pre-prepared. There was no corner cutting just efficient work by two experienced workers who planned ahead. Of course doing more than that would take longer.

Reply to
Peter Crosland

Well even that is two man days and excluded the time to prepare the base. Its also questionable if one can adequately flush a system in that amount of time.

Reply to
John Rumm

I used to use Fernox tf1 and now I have switched to the Trappex Centramag filter ,which I think catches a lot more magnatite than other filters out there. Have a look at youtube and it shows plumbers using the Trappex Centramag filter.

Reply to
Kenny Simpson

Once the radiators fill with crap it is not easily dislodged. Your best bet is to drain down, remove rads, wash out with a hose outdoors (removing all plugs) & refit/refill with water.treatment

Reply to
harryagain