Central Heating System?

I'm in the process of getting central heating system installed in m

house. So far I've had 2 quotations. It's a 3 bedrooms terraced house over 2 floors. The companies suggeste I would need 9 radiator panels and a combination boiler. Company A quoted me £4580 (with a Ideal combinaton boiler). Company B quoted me £4160 (with a Vaillant combination boiler).

What I want to know are these prices fair for the work requires or could get better prices looking around. Another question I have is how reliable are these combination boiler and any particular brand is better?

Any comments would be most appreciated

-- Marty

Reply to
Marty

Bit expensive.

When comparing quotes check where they're proposing to put the rads: under windows/on outside walls is best, back to back on inside walls is cheap'n'nasty.

They're pretty reliable, though when they do break down you have no backup for either heating or hot water so you have to get them fixed PDQ.

Vaillant have a good reputation. Ideal are not bad though there seems to be some issue with the Isar/Icos condensing boilers (see recent-ish thread). Check (google) recent threads with discussions of boilers for pros & cons.

Reply to
John Stumbles