Boiler reputation - track record

My daughter's house has a Alpha Ocean 280P combi boiler.

Do these have any know 'issues' that I should be aware of?

Looking for a Corgi guy to come and give it a check / service but I don't want to be conned with that sharp intake of breath!

Reply to
John

My perception is that these boilers are towards the lower end of the market. Spares tend to be very expensive, IME

Reply to
Ed Sirett

here:

least one of the Ocean range suffers repeated water diaphragm failure but its a good regular source of income for service engineers ;-)

Reply to
cynic

The Ocean had a very good reputation.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

IME any boiler which moves the main diverter valve using DHW flow diaphragms is inherently less reliable than those which don't. Even some top end makes do this and they also have problems.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Not the two we had in rented flats: replaced after seven years because of leaking heat exchangers (£300 to replace IIRC). The couple of Vaillants were all but trouble free over ten years.

Reply to
Tony Bryer