Track lighting on GFCI

A question for the electricians on this BB:

I have a track light that will not work with a GFCI enabled circuit. No issues if I take the light bulbs out of the sockets. If I replace either bulb or both bulbs the GFCI blows as soon as the switch is thrown. If I place the track light onto a non-GFCI circuit all is fine. Of course, the GFCI circuit is now fine as well.

Thoughts?

Thanks, Matt

Reply to
Matt

No replies. Hmm. Let me ask this. Why do you need track lights on a GFCI anyway?

Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita

No

Maybe the GFCI is trying to tell you something- like there's a ground fault/ short in the circuit. I would check the connections throughout that track light circuit, from where you connect it to GFCI to the fixture end. Have you tried plugging it with extension cord to a different GFCI?- just to confirm that the problem is with track light part of the circuit.

Reply to
Sev

I don't know why you have it on a GFCI protected circuit, so this is just a guess.

I would take it off of it, if I couldn't I would then wonder if the GFCI is 'too sensitive'. I was told as GFCI circuitry failed, it failed 'safer', tripping a lot.

later,

tom @

Tom The Great