Installing closet door track over laminate?

I need some advise for securing closet door tracks to a laminate floor. For the upstairs I can drill through the laminate and install the tracks with screws. Downstairs the laminate is installed over a concrete slab. I'm not really sure what the best way is to secure the tracks. Should I drill through the laminate and into the concrete for some tapcons or similar? Can I just glue the track to the laminate with some construction adhesive? Any ideas?

Reply to
David Alexander

But if you use screws, then the laminate is fixed to the floor underneath, which I thought was a no-no. Aren't laminate floors supposed to "float?"

MB

On 04/26/04 02:27 am David Alexander put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

Reply to
Minnie Bannister

Myself, I'd screw into the slab.

dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

If the floor is attached in a single point (roughly) there shouldn't be much problem as you're not constricting it from moving out in all directions. If it were a problem I could always drill an oversized hole through the laminate, say 1/2" or so, and then drive the screw into the subfloor through the middle. That way the floor can "float" a little without hinderance.

Reply to
David Alexander