Blinding

I have filed the walls in the PB with Red Devil and its great gear. However the filler does show through the paint a little. Someone mentioned blinding the filler first. I take it this means painting it with some kind of paint first. Now, I have a tin of Zinsser Bullseye 123 left over. Its a primer. Would this be OK to apply to the filler on the wall then covered with emulsion???

Reply to
Samantha Booth

When filler shows through paint its normally because the surface texture is different. Get the texture to match the surroundings and no- one will know it was there.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

When filler shows through paint its normally because the surface texture is different. Get the texture to match the surroundings and no- one will know it was there.

NT

Its showing up a lot though. My problem is I am painting plasterboard and it has a stippled effect. The filler leaves the surface totally flat so it looks odd when painted. I have a slightly stippled effect when painted and some brilliantly flat parts where the filler is. I need to make the filler parts rougher.pIts also making the yellow paint i am aplying darker than the non filled parts.

What can I do please?

Thanks Sam

Reply to
Samantha Booth

If you could post a very very close up pic of the 2 surfaces, with light arranged so it shows up the texture, maybe I or someone else could suggest something.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

If you could post a very very close up pic of the 2 surfaces, with light arranged so it shows up the texture, maybe I or someone else could suggest something.

NT

I dont have a camera :( I wouldnt know how to either.

What I have done tonight is, got a wallpaper paste brush and some primer and I have stippled the wall where the smoth bits are. When i come to repaint them I will tell you what they look like and if its worked. They look shiny

Reply to
Samantha Booth

Is that the sort of stipple/orange peel effect you get from a roller? If so, you would probably do best covering the repaired bit using a roller. Then do the whole wall with roller.

Reply to
Rod

Thats what i have been doing but the filler keeps showing through From sideways on its shiny against the rest of the wall. I have stippled primer on today and will re-roller tomorrow and will let you know how I get on.

Reply to
Samantha Booth

Just a guess.

Have you tried a cheap piece of foam, starting from the middle and working out by dabbing the paint with the foam? Be heavy with the paint on the dabbing foam though.

Never tried this myself.

Dave

Reply to
Dave