Blinding

Hello.

Can you use soft sand for blinding, filling in the gaps in brick rubble, or will this get absorbed. . I'm laying a raised patio with a retaining wall and would use ballast but I just happen to have a lot of spare soft sand.

Thanks

Paul.

Reply to
Paul

You need to use something in between the broken bricks. I am no expert but gravel will do nicely. Then use the sand as blinding. It is to shield the dpc from the broken edges of the hardcore.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

According to a reliable source, you should used crushed lightbulbs.

"And all the lights that light the way are blinding"... "Wonderwall"

Reply to
Ian Stirling