celotex + PB or insulated PB ?

My ceiling spec includes 25mm celotex under the ceiling joists to minimize cold bridging, and then plasterboard. I can't to a warm roof for various reasons. Is it cheaper to get the celotex (secondsandco etc) and PB, or get insulated PB ? I've never used celotex / PB sandwich onto joists before - seems to me the celotex would squish slightly and fail to give the PB and solid enough fixing to avoid the skim cracking in the future. Is this something I should consider ? Thanks, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

That's what I have here and it seems to be fine. There are some cracks between plasterboard sheets - but no different from anywhere else here. Flexible caulk fills them ok.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No it won't squish.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Probably cheaper separately...

No, its quite tough in fact - it may compress very slightly under the tension of the screws - but it won't move any further afterwards.

Reply to
John Rumm