BBC Internet Radio Streams

I was using cvlc on a Raspberry Pi to listen to BBC R3 in my garage. I haven't been able to find another method, so I'm not pleased.

Reply to
Bob Martin

I've just bought a Pure Sensia internet radio and it works immaculately; mind you it needs a good WiFi connection.

Reply to
charles

I've been using this (YMMV may vary as I use FreeBSD):

mplayer \ '

' \ -cache 512 \ -prefer-ipv4

Reply to
Bob Eager

That works! Thank you, Bob.

Reply to
Bob Martin

FYI...the ones I discovered were:

bbc_radio_one bbc_radio_two bbc_radio_three bbc_radio_fourfm bbc_radio_four_extra bbc_radio_five_live bbc_6music

Reply to
Bob Eager

bbc_1xtra bbc_radio_fourlw bbc_radio_five_live_sports_extra bbc_asian_network

and

presumably the yaydeeohlowcull streams are out there somewhere?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Oh, I got bbc_radio_kent too. One can probably guess..

Reply to
Bob Eager

Its still there, see other post...

Reply to
tony sayer

Shame on them:(...

Yes so it does, but this one works at 320 K for BBC Radio 3...

As measured in VLC..

Some others here which might be of use...

tony sayer

It is still there but my physical hifi hardware won't play it. I can't manually edit URLs I can only choose from favourites or found channels and for some reason it won't play the new Radio3 320k channel at all.

I can play it on my PC with VLC. The R3 320k stream is there but that is little consolation if your kit or player client can't play it.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Who makes this Internet player Martin?...

Reply to
tony sayer