TV radio and internet advertising......

Is it just me or were we able to tolerate a small amount of advertising in the past but now the quantity is unacceptible .....I personaly turn the tv and radio down when ads come on and use ad blockers on the internet......I used to wonder why if I searched for a type of car on the internet adverts on youtube etc were targeted to me....sick of it all thank god for the BBC. ......
On 21/11/2016 08:17, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

+1 for the Beeb.
In my case, unless its changed due to me using the word blind and it turning up in web sites, I constantly got Venetian blind roller blind etc, adverts. So much for machine intelligence. Brian
--
----- -
On 21/11/16 09:47, Brian Gaff wrote:

And you thought 'golden rain' was a sort of firework...

"Saki"
I do not see ads on the internet. Adblock rules. Fuck the advertisers.

--
Heard on a public transportation vehicle while in Orlando:
"When you exit this vehicle, please be sure to lower your head and watch your step."

The bbc STEAL money from people. You pay the BBC to watch Sky. Tell me why you incorrectly believe this is ok?
--
Once you've seen one shopping centre, you've seen a mall.

On Tuesday, 22 November 2016 00:22:08 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

why you incorrectly believe this is ok?
When I was in hospital for 4 months, the poxy TV gantry was £50pm, plu s I was paying £60pm to Sky at home and yet the BBC was only £10p m.
THE HOSPITAL ONE WAS PAID OUT OF THE £350pm NI I WAS STILL PAYING VIA BP's SICK PAY.

e:

me why you incorrectly believe this is ok?

lus I was paying 60pm to Sky at home and yet the BBC was only 10pm.
But you could have cancelled the Sky, you can't cancel BBC.

A BP's SICK PAY.
-- I'm not as drunk as thinkle may peep.
On Tuesday, 22 November 2016 16:32:39 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
e:

:
me why you incorrectly believe this is ok?

plus I was paying £60pm to Sky at home and yet the BBC was only ? ?10pm.

TELL ME HOW TO CANCEL SKY FROM A HDU BED IN HOSPITAL.

e:
wrote:

rote:

ell me why you incorrectly believe this is ok?

, plus I was paying 60pm to Sky at home and yet the BBC was only 10pm.

On your laptop/phone/tablet. But then your wife was using it.
Anyway, this is not about your particular situation, but about everyone paying the BBC, even those who only watch Sky channels. It's downright theft. Sky don't get paid when you watch BBC1. Tesco don't get paid when you buy things in Asda.
-- "A life without danger is a life not worth living" -- Moist von Lipwig
On Tue, 22 Nov 2016 18:45:44 +0000, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

It's 'cos they make such terrible programs. They'd never survive in the real world having to compete with channels that make far more interesting stuff.

...but...they are all in Detroit
On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 07:57:22 +0000, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

Who'd have thought it? In a predominantly black area, too. Well I never.

every

But America can move houses:
https://youtu.be/20dj5MEmcv4?t=1m52s

https://youtu.be/20dj5MEmcv4?t=1m52s

-- An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.

YOU GET SOMEONE WHO YOU KNOW TO DO THAT FOR YOU, STUPID.
On Tuesday, 22 November 2016 19:29:17 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

I WAS IN AN INDUCED COMA AND COULDN'T REMEMBER MY PASSWORD, DOB OR POSTCODE.

ALL COMPLETELY TRIVIAL FOR ANYONE WITH EVEN HALF A CLUE TO WORK OUT.
On Wednesday, 23 November 2016 09:26:44 UTC, Simon Mason wrote:

Why would you want to watch TV while in that state ?
On Wednesday, 23 November 2016 10:55:28 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:

Well, after a month I started enjoying DOND with Noel as we fans like to call him.

I know I'm going to regret this, but why pay for TV services you couldn't use, then?
--
*If tennis elbow is painful, imagine suffering with tennis balls *