BA: Lidl folding knife

Lidl folding knife in stanley stylee, 3.99, well made, rugged, v easy blade change and prob best of all, v narrow head to get into tight spaces.

Belt clip too but don't get caught with it in your pocket on the street.

stanley knife I've ever seen.

Also, digital vernier caliper, 8.99, andgle grinder (cutoff) stand

12.99, RT angle drill head 4.99.
Reply to
fred

Even smaller than my favourite actual Stanley, stanley knife kept in the bottom of my laptop bag.

Andy Burns

'bladed article' is challenged ;-)

Reply to
fred

Reasonably ... but then even /I/ can't find it in there half the time, thought I'd lost it for months and it turns out it was in there all the while.

Reply to
Andy Burns

But if the Bill look, it will instantly float to the top!

Reply to
Davey

I got one of those a couple of years ago - it's excellent.

Reply to
grimly4

Years ago I was searched at Zurich Airport by a security guy with a strong Scottish accent. He found a German Army govt surplus Swiss Army Knife in my coat pocket. When I explained that it was a Swiss Army knife he said in that case no problem and gave it back to me.

Reply to
Martin

The problem is that the goalposts have moved. I used to wear my Leatherman everywhere, but there's no way you'd get it onto a plane now.

Reply to
Huge

Agreed. I donated two Swiss Army knives to the US TSA in recent years. And one was because I was late for my plane, which was then delayed, so I would have had time to go back to the car and leave the knife behind, had I known.

Reply to
Davey

Why would you need it on a plane. The Swiss Army knife was in my jacket pocket solely because I had warn the jacket when I had been sailing the previous weekend.

Reply to
Martin

"I used to wear my Leatherman everywhere"

And what did you warn it about?

Reply to
Huge

I bought three cracking Leatherman knives via ebay for a fiver each. I'm sure the seller was a security bod from H'row or somewhere.

Reply to
grimly4

In the US, they auction the 'liberated' items in job lots. Only once have I heard of anybody being offered a way to have his stuff forwarded to his destination, at his expense of course. They don't even offer to hold things until your return, it just goes in the bin. And yes, it is possible to forget that you have a 3" adjustable spanner in your bag if you haven't used it in several days and you're racing for your plane, but that goes too.

Reply to
Davey

Not carrying a concealed weapon sir. It's against the Lore.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I managed to travel to the USA with a 12 bore shotgun cartridge in my carry on bag. I use the same bag for shooting and it had fallen into the bottom and remained there undetected. I imagine that trying to explain that to the security people would have been ... interesting.

(BTW, I threw it in the harbour in Jersey City.)

Reply to
Huge

I'm surprised they don't flog jiffy bags at some expensive price (yet cheaper than losing your kit) which you then write your address on and your items are waiting at home on your return. One for Mr O'Leary?

Reply to
Part Timer

Ah, but how much would they charge for storing your stuff, the insides of which they don't know? I can't see that one 'flying' at all.

But if anyone did it, it would be the Irishman.

Reply to
Davey

snip.

Feel free to suggest this to the TSA. Report your success here.

Reply to
Davey

Just bought one earlier today .. probably the best Stanley knife I've seen .. I always had trouble with the ends of the body never _quite_ fitting correctly .. this is solid so doesn't have that problem.

I shall buy another one at least to leave in the Landrover.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

I have one of the Kosch folding Stanley knives. It seems to be much the same knife only with a carrying pouch instead of a belt clip. Very good knives but they count as a lock knife for police purposes.

Reply to
Steve Firth