B&Q - Staff member goes mad - helps customer for 3/4's of an hour !

they're not all bad, on bloke today wrangled 2 other 'team members' /and/ a forklift to get me just 4 bits of timber from the stillages which should have been on the racks for sale but weren't because of lazy night shift workers. top marks to the old fella and I /did/ leave a positive -promote him- feedback card on his behalf.

Reply to
.

Whats this card stuff..???

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

I can see it now... 'Mass sacking follows uk.d-i-y readers finding out about staff report cards'

NT

Reply to
meow2222

LOL praise where praise is due, and all that :-)

Reply to
.

Is right :-)

We DIY shopped solely at Homebase (where possible) for a number of years thanks to someone going out of their way to help us when we were really stuck one time (we urgently needed a 6 foot panel to stop the dog getting loose following a vandal attack).

...and of course, a letter of praise was copied to the store and their head office.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

The old boy will certainly be sacked for being that helpful . . .

Reply to
fred

no he won't and next time I'm in there (I'm in about about 4 times a week) he'll give me a nod and I'll say thanks again. like garry in wickes and jason in the builders yard and that old fella in the roofing centre who lets me have a few recalaimed slates/whatever FOC and the owners of the builders merchants who give me 28 days terms off the books and always make sure that whatever is put on the van won;t be rejected.

complain fairly, praise where praise is due, it all goes a /long/ way ;-)

Reply to
.

The message from "." contains these words:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's worked out how useful that can be. I've had no end of help from others 'cos I'm patient and polite in shops. The bloke in the yard at the local timber place helped me sort out the most suitable bits of wood from a stack the other day 'cos a few days earlier I'd helped him move some bits of stuff in the way of his forklift. What goes around comes around.

Reply to
Guy King

I've made a friend of 'Russ' in my local B&Q. Well over 60, knows where everything is to the last nut & bolt.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Plays the piano?

Reply to
Andy Hall

I'm not talking about your mentality, I'm talking about theirs. They're in a cut throat business and I can't see them viewing that length of time as anything but a loss maker. By all means praise helpfulness but if he gets too many 'spent 45mins helping me' comments he'll be out on his arse.

Reply to
fred

the 3/4's of an hour he spent with me at least covered his hourly rate which is a lot more than can be said for some others in the store.

he spent 45 mins doing his job.

Reply to
.

Crikey. He'd be 81 this year if he'd lived. Even B&Q let staff have some rest before that age.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And when I went back to B+Q last night after my horrendous experience on Thursday( see previous posting) I found someone who could not have been more helpful in trying to locate 24 rolls of Aquapanel tape that they were supposed to have in stock...the missing Aquapanel Boards..again see other posting... having been put in the plaster section where they should have been in the first place .She engaged a young guy to try and find them and even went searching herself but we had to give up in the end .She offered to phone me when/if they were eventually found . I had to admit defeat and just paid for the boards,screws and the Gyproc I ordered for delivery .

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

I don't know. There's an old boy in the Farnborough store sometimes who can't be far short of that age.... He doesn't seem to do a lot other than to stand by the entrance greeting people as they go in.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Only Side Saddle.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Bit of a Roulette then.....?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Only when drinking China Tea at a Royal Event.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

or Passing Breeze from a Snow Coach....

Reply to