At the moment I DO love Focus!

Went into the local Focus the other day and the lady sussed that I was new to the area (strange southern accent?). She offered me a Homemover Advantage Card. Apply for one of these and you get 10% off EVERYthing for SIX months! Can't be bad. I've already bought loads of stuff.

MM

Reply to
MM

Would you have bought it all if you hadn't had the card? Have you *really* saved money?

Reply to
David Illingworth-Young

Given that the web suppliers are frequently multiple 10's of percent cheaper than the sheds, even 10% isn't really worth having unless you absolutely *must* go there (it's Sunday afternoon, you've run out of {stuff} and you must have some now.)

Reply to
Huge

b and q used to have a discount card and I used to buy lots of stuff, after they stopped it I scarcely bought anything, very short sighted of them, I think.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

I would have bought it from somewhere.

Yep. 10%.

MM

Reply to
MM

I rarely use them myself, but don't they still have an "Over 60" 10% discount card on Wednesdays? I was always amused by watching all the blokes going round on Wednesdays with trolleys full of diy hardware, pushing Granny along in her wheelchair to validate the 10% card at the checkout!

David

Reply to
Lobster

If you buy enough stuff, B&Q will haggle a bit on price, especially if you have an add of it being a bit cheeper somewhere else.....

This is how I got my 6 lorries full of bricks cheep, I got a quote from elsewhere, and asked B&Q to beet it......

Rick

Reply to
Rick

I'm not surprised, knowing what they charge for their goods. We have a builders yard quite close by to our local buy and spew and it is up to 150% cheaper.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I found B&Q cheepest place arround for cement/blocks & especially sand in 1 tonne bags. Sand was competative with loose lorry loads.

But then I was filling the delivery lorry every time, and my place is at least 15 miles from anywhere ......

Rick

Reply to
Rick

So if the B&Q price is a tenner the BM will pay you a fiver to take it away?

Reply to
Rob Morley

The problem is that much of what focus sells is twice the price of B&Q and

10 times that of toolstation. (I'm thinking specifically of a washing machine valve here, as an example). 10% off would have made it only 9 times as expensive.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

"Christian McArdle" wrote in news:41ebb5a3$0$19165$ snipped-for-privacy@reading.news.pipex.net:

Very often, more expensive than Wickes. Hmmm.

A new Wickes branch opened here recently, unfortunately focus is significantly closer than any other shed.

Reply to
Rod Hewitt