Argos Challenge Xtreme - spare battery

My very cheap drill has given up the ghost - the battery retains enought charge for 2 screws.

Are there any available batteries that are compatable with Challenge Xtreme 18 volt drills?

The drill is this one:

did not come with a spare battery.

Thanks in advance etc.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

If it's less than a year old, take it back and ask for a new one under guarantee.

If it's more than a year old, it would be very dishonest to buy a new one, swap the batteries, and then take the old one back within 16 days.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

When the battery in my very cheap drill gave up a replacement woul dhave cost nearly =A320 so I bought another very cheap drill for =A315.

Reply to
Rednadnerb

Two options then...

Buy one of these:

away (or eBay) anything that is not battery...

or see if you can have your one re-celled.

Reply to
John Rumm

Try ebay:

Keep the old batt as you may meet someone who can recell it for you, esp if the cells are arranged the same way for a different 18v pack.

Also, always recharge the pack as soon as it starts to fade.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

In fact, if you have been working it hard, the stop using it when it starts to fade, but then let it cool off for half an hour before recharging if you want the maximum cycle life from it.

Reply to
John Rumm

replying to Adrian, edddiec wrote: I am in exactly the same position. I opened up the batteries to check them and found out exactly why it didn't work - and extactly why the drill sets are so cheap. The NiCad batteries I found inside were cheap and nasty (on both batteries), the constructions of the battery was extremely poor - even the metal tab connections between the 1.2V rechargable batteries had rusted away, quite a quite a few of the batteries had leaked. I would save up my money and buy a better make next time as these batteries are cheap rubbish designed for 2 seasons at most. I will never buy challenge (which is an argos make) every again. Cheap rubbish! The batteries are not even worth repairing. You generally get what you pay for!

Reply to
edddiec

who posted over 9 years ago "on March 7, 2007, 2:47 pm"

If I go to that website, the posting dates are *quite* visible - why can't the people that use the site see them?

Reply to
Geo

Probably because they're responding to a post that's been promoted by HOH (who don't give a fig about topicality, just generating traffic) as either an "unanswered question" or "hot topic".

The worst of it is that all replies are sorted by date of first message, not most recent message so most of the numpties won't see our helpful pointers.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

You dont have to be an utter dork to use homehub, but it helps.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Who knows, but maybe they aare not that visible as what they are so to speak. To me the date should be in the message so people do not have to look.

Is there a mobile version maybe its not so obvious on that display. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

replying to Adrian, Hec wrote: Hi Adrian. You don't have a cat in Helsinki chance of getting a battery from Argos ,I have tried with no luck.

Reply to
Hec

lol, only 10 years late.

Reply to
tabbypurr

As I said in another thread time works backwards on the daft usenet portal as we all know too well. Don't worry though, as this means we are all getting younger if we post there. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

replying to Adrian, Stelios wrote: challenge xtreme 18volt cordless drill driver charger

Reply to
Stelios

Umm it was a question in 2007. Try using a saner portal to news:uk.d-i-y than your current website.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

replying to Adrian, Graham63 wrote: I have the drill and two batteries but my charging pod doesn?t work. Drill and batteries still perfect, just can?t charge them. I?ll buy your charger

Reply to
Graham63

posted on March 7, 2007, 2:47 pm

That bloody web site needs to be taken out and shot.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

You're not coming across as being very bright. The OP original post was March 2007. If he still has it I would be impressed and as others pointed out he could have taken it back to Argos.

If you were literate you would be able to suss all this out.

This is not a group for buying and selling. As others had said in 2007 try eBay.

Best to avoid homowners club altogether, as anyone posts from there seem to be from people lacking in grey matter. Your post supplies further evidence.

This may assist:

Fredxx

And these prople are allowed to Vote for the next government ;(

-
Reply to
Mark