Challenge Xtreme 34cc strimmer

I bought one of these from Argos but have lost the manual. I do not kno

the ration of oil to petrol which I should use.

Looked on the interne - can't find a thing. Can anyone help please!!!

-- trevorarthur

Reply to
trevorarthur

I bought one of these from Argos but have lost the manual. I do not kno

the ration of oil to petrol which I should use.

Looked on the interne - can't find a thing. Can anyone help please!!!

-- trevorarthur

Reply to
trevorarthur

2:1 ratio
Reply to
ben

That doesn't sound right, did you mean 20:1 ? Our (Macolloch) strimmer says 40:1 for "good quality oil" and 20:1 otherwise.

Lee

Reply to
Lee

As I understand it, there is little irreversable damage you can do by putting in too much oil, but quite a lot by putting in too little. More is better.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

True, but it may be a tad difficult to get it to run properly on a mix with too much oil. ;)

Lee

Reply to
Lee

True. You need at least some petrol :)

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Hi,

The helpline number for Challenge is 0208 391 6767 or email: helpline ~at~ hilka.co.uk.

Failing that pop into your local Argos when it's quiet and ask at customer service to have a look at one.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

You will oil up the spark plug and cause it to be covered with hard carbon deposits. You will do the same to the combustion chamber and the engine ports. The engine will smoke badly and in extreme cases not run at all. It will need to be dismantled and decarbonised. Not a good idea.

Reply to
Jupiter

In most cases but not with 2/ oil as I understand it?

As mentioned it will soot up the plug and more importantly on these small engines the exhaust.

The worst thing is that I believe by increasing the oil ratio you 'lean out' the petrol / air mix and that isn't good either?

FWIW, my old British Seagull outboard motor was 10:1 and most other

2/'s I have had (scooters / outboards / bushwhacker / genny etc) were nearer 50:1?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m