Anyone used Toolstation delivery recently?

Had to order from Toolstation's website today as the local branches were out of stock of the item I wanted.

When I clicked on "tracking info", I saw the usually reliable DHL has been replaced by the dreaded Yodel.

Am I likely to see this delivery before Gondwanaland gets back together?

Reply to
mike

Funny you should ask! I placed an order the other day which qualified for "free next day delivery". The catalogue says that items are "usually" delivered by 6pm.

6pm came and went and, at 7pm, I gave up and was convinced that it wasn't coming that day.

Then there was a knock on the door at NINE FIFTEEN PM! - and there was my delivery.

Reply to
Roger Mills

today as the local branches

Yodel drivers are generally on a `self employed` basis , only get paid on succesful delivery so to residential addresses after 18.00 is a safer bet.

Currently liking DPD with they`re email with an hour slot they are going to arrive in.

Cheers Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

IIRC DHL's delivery business taken over by what became Yodel?

I have sent parcels via Yodel in the past. They seemed to get there!

Reply to
John Rumm

DHL's domestic service, yes. DHL are still there as a commercial business. Most of the delivery from Yodel is by sub-contactors in "private" cars.

We had a bicycle sent to us by yodel - it reached the local delivery depot and was never seen again.

Reply to
charles

Thanks for the replies. Previous experience of Yodel has been exploited Lithuanians on piece-work but this Toolstation order arrived Tues am (ordered Sun pm), so very satisfactory. I wonder if Yodel prioritise certain large customers at the expense of others?

Reply to
mike