Any cheaper equivalents of a Dremel Multi?

I find my Dremel very handy for certain tasks, but it has just died.

There are cheaper equivalents from other makers; I wondered if any of them are as good?

This one:

on my shortlist.

Reply to
Murmansk69

The boxed set from Machine Mart has been good for me.

Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

Obviously no good at cutting spam.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I don't know anything about that one, but it is surely worth a look.

The cheap sets that are sold widely at Lidl, Aldi etc. that include a flexible drive, a stand and a set of tools, all in a moulded plastic box, might appear to offer good value but they are *gutless* compared with a Dremel. If you had never owned a Dremel, you might be happy with one, but anyone who has used a Dremel would likely be disappointed with the lack of torque.

I have both, and only ever use the Dremel, although I imagine the flexible drive might possibly come in handy one day. I've had it for at least four years and never used it. ;-)

Reply to
Bruce

like, to be greeted with the message "print out your list, then take it to one of our shops" ...

Reply to
Andy Burns