Another MENSA candidate

The cost for me to replace when they haven't abided by the T&C

Rare - more likely that "the plumber took it with him"

"then get it back again ..."

Reply to
geoff

Yup, I like that ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Perhaps you ought to list two prices - Price, and Part Ex price. With a note saying Part Ex price is conditional on the faulty one being sent within 7 days.

Price could simply be the "New" price plus a markup on the makers price to you. So if someone wants one without part ex, you order a new one and ship it to them at a profit.

Reply to
John Rumm

That would be one way of phrasing it; "We sell reconditioned PCBs for £xx, and we will pay £yy for your faulty unit if returned to us within 7 days".

That is fair enough if you are prepared to sell one and not receive a part ex some of the time, or for that matter be prepared to buy a fualty one and not sell a recon one.

Obviously the business works on the principle that a supply of faulty ones is ongoing.

Reply to
John Rumm

Something along those lines then ...

Reply to
geoff

In message , John Rumm writes

There is only one price - part-ex

I depend on returns for stock

Reply to
geoff

No - you're completely losing the concept of what we do

its effectively an upfront exchange service (where possible) - not a cheap supply of repaired parts

Reply to
geoff

Or, if words are expensive, .... the price for the reconditioned part supplied is based on the immediate return of the faulty item....:-)

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message , Tim Lamb writes

The problem with that is it verges on giving the option of not returning

Reply to
geoff

Personally, I blame the parents :)

Reply to
Davey

It clears up the only potential confusion - this part is an exchange unit which is sold on a part-exchange basis...

ISTR discussing this with you first time I bought one of your bits - a fan with motor - and it was IIRC the fan you wanted, not the motor.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Which is why other suggestions have said to add on a Returnable Deposit to be repaid when the old unit is returned ,same way as Motor Factors do.

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Well as we're having a bit of a slagging war in this thread, I blame you for that - typical modern father who is so hands off with his son's upbringing that the boy doesn't know that his father can repair everything !! (Tongue well stuck in cheek).

I sympathise - and it's not only the attitude of a new one can be bought, but the failure to understand that you return something 'better', and not 'worser', than when you borrowed it.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

So, boiler fails in the middle of winter. The customer or the fitter sends the pcb to you and waits for it to be returned? What price does one put on being without heating for 3 or 4 days? I might be tempted to just fit a new one and be done with it. Unless there's a way for you to send out a recon pcb the same day, it seems to me you're missing a lot of opportunities. I don't know what the problems are of stocking a range of pcbs but, as long as there's a financial incentive for the fitter to return the old one, he probably will, albeit after the event.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

I believe he *does* send out a reconditioned unit first, then expects the broken one to be sent back in exchange asap ... seems like a fair system until someone takes the piss.

Reply to
Andy Burns

You can trust a gas fitter to play fair :-)

Reply to
Stuart Noble

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Stuart Noble saying something like:

As sometimes happens, ime. Unless there is a Geoffunit handy.

The duff one gets sent to Geoff and a repaired exhange unit is now kept in stock for the next time one is needed.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Toom Tabard saying something like:

French Polisher upstairs.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

That's what I do - I send out (of course, there are boards or fans I don't have in stock at the time, and people have to send in) a pcb or fan and then the customer has nominally a week to return their old part.

This is where the "part exchange" seems to have caused confusion to this particular fitter

Reply to
geoff

Just found on Ebay:

RED VINTAGE TELEPHONE IN GOOD WORKING ORDER USED TILL NOW BUT HAVE BUT SELLING AS IVE CHANGED COLOUR.

Michael Jackson would be so proud.

Owain

Reply to
Owain