Bath fitter?

Is there a good bath tub covering that you can install yourself to make it look new? Is it worth it?

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

I'm not sure about a do-it-yourself fix but when we bought this house the bathtub was already showing wear and tear. We found an ad where a man came in and refinished it - similar to paint but it was a thicker product. Anyway, it cost less than $100 (back about 1995) and it added at least five years to the life of the tub. The tub was acrylic finish - not the heavy kind they used to make. If you can't find a do it yourself kit you might consider the refinishing job.

Reply to
Dottie

I have yet to see a refinish job that wasn't obvious. None of them look like a new tub.

Reply to
Bob F

Yes....I have used the company called 'Bathfitter" that removed my bath tub and I had a stand up shower installed with glass sliding doors... I also had 'Bathfitter" guys put in a tub surround in a different bathroom... Was it worth it and was it a good job? It was an excellent installation and I really like it....as far as being "worth it" Bathfitter has a lifetime warranty on their install and product... so after doing 3 bathroom renos in about 15 years...yes....the lifetime warranty is worth it... They won't sell to someone doing their own install though and for good reason... Jim

Reply to
Jim

Maybe not DIY. I've had numerous kitchen and bath sinks refinished by pros. My kitchen sink recently. Looks like new.

Once had a 1910 claw-foot tub refinished, inside and out - even the ball and talon feet. Sold it later at break even.

OP didn't mention the tub material.

Reply to
Oren