ALNO KITCHENS

Have seen an Alno Kitchen which we love in John Lewis. My son is a carpenter and can fit it for us free of charge so we are looking for somewhere from where we can simply purchase the units.

I have read in magazines of people who have saved loads of money by purchasing the units from either abroad or a Uk company who sells just the units with no add on packages. Can anyone help or does anyone have any other recommendations

Reply to
PVSOL

I think that John Lewis can simply supply the units without actually fitting them for you? Also, you could try contacting Alno directly. They have a website at

with details (click "English" at the top).

Chris

Reply to
Chris Walton

I've tried to get a brochure out of Alno by requesting one through the website and telephoning - neither method has been successful so if you do get hold of one, please let me know how you do it !

Reply to
TRK's Dad

Have just ordered my Alno kitchen (and installation) from John Lewis. Installation is (only!) £1500 which I think is good value when viewed in the light of the cost of the whole thing - best part of £20K plus appliances. Alno will only supply the units un-built at extra cost. Their showroom is in Feltham. Phone 020 8898 4781 or

HTH

Richard

PS I wanted the Alnotec units in red, but SWMBO refused!

Reply to
Richard

Pretty sure you can get the same units from

The Natural Philosopher

its the alnotec in red that I love too!!! Have John Lewis started installation yet?

I too requested a brochure from Alno - with no joy!!!

We are in Macclesfield , Cheshire and cant find another local supplier of Alno other than John Lewis.

Reply to
PVSOL

Signed up on 28 December. Phone call yesterday offering installation on

7 March. Oh my Gawd! I haven't done the wiring yet!!! Or persuaded Brother-in-law to do the plastering. Or chosen the most suitable underfloor heating package. Or the flooring. Still, we've only been choosing this kitchen for 4 years.

Decided, very reluctantly on my part, against red Alnotec as nothing dates like a flashy kitchen. Also when you see the units in the flesh you realise just how imposing the red is. Our kitchen is not huge - approx 4 m x 3 m and it would have been overwhelmed by the red. c'est la vie!

Richard

Reply to
Richard

But you did start it before the 31st December, didn't you ! :-)

And you will be finished by March 31st. Oh don't we all love this Part P nonsense.

Reply to
Mike

TBH I don't understand the Part P stuff. But, I have a drum of Red and Black ring main cable, the oven feed and lighting circuits and the MCB for the ring have been in place and the kitchen has been sans tiles etc for over a year. So as far as I am concerned I started in 2003 - just haven't quite finished!

Richard

Reply to
Richard