Kutchenhaus Kitchens

Hi all

Anyone used Kutchenhaus for kitchen supply? We recently "lost" MFI which was a reasonable source for flat pack wardrobes etc. They had a pretty good range of kitchen displays, accessories etc. Not visited the Kutchenhaus showroom yet, but a colleague has brought in brochures today so I wondered if there was any experienced feedback on this supplier within the group. Looking at the usual gotchas: cabinet quality, cost, irregularities in design compared to other suppliers....

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

We had a Kutchenhaus kitchen fitten in our previous house, and opnions were a little mixed. We had it done as they were new in the country, so I hope most of the issues we had were mainly teething problems.

Our biggest single complaint was that we paid specifically for a check measure, and the guy got it wrong - he told us the wrong position of the hob, so I didn't remove a mains socket that ended up being just over the hob! He also turned up VERY late for the check measure - like eight hours late and in a foul mood. He should really have cancelled and rearranged - he was due at lunchtime, and if a lunchtime appointment was running that latethey had planning problems.

At the time we had one small child, and I was stripping the old kitchen and doing prep work. We got a very late phone call the day before the work was due to start after I had worked a couple of 16 hour days stripping and making good saying he was not going to arrive the next day. That was a little disappointing.

The "designer" had designed the wrong hood, so that had to be substituted during install, The taps were expecting mains pressure for hot water, meaning flow was not great. All the pipework was metric - things like the trap, so te drain to the grid outside ended up having to be replaced.

The units are supplied pre-assembled - hey are not flat pack (one of the selling points) so you need somewhere to store the units (and maybe appliances).

The quality of the units seemed fine - no problems there. IMO the sink felt a little flimsy. We were happy with it, but having splashed out on a new kitchen, we decided to move, and it will be a couple of years before we can get a nice kitchen in here. We would consider having another.

HTH, Paul.

Reply to
Paul Matthews

"Paul Matthews" wrote

Thanks for comprehensive response Paul - food for thought.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster