Aldi - poss drill/inpact driver combo

Preview page of coming attractions at Aldi on 30th Nov, pic 2/3 down suggests they might be selling a battery drill & impact driver combo (or perhaps separately). No further details yet but it might be worth waiting another couple of weeks if planning a purchase.

Reply to
fred

A video has appeared on their website now:

mike

£100. Is that a decent price? Apart from trusting the brand (which I more or less do), the spec looks fine to me except for the 1.3Ah batteries.
Reply to
RJH

There are two, so long as you aren't using both tools at once, at least you can charge one a bit while using the other.

Looks reasonable compared with say

The Erbauer is the same price, also 1.3Ah batteries, also "more or less" trustworthy brand that you might or might not be able to find replacement batteries or other parts in a while, but 10.8V to Aldi 18V. The Makita is a better brand, one of the batteries slightly larger (1.5Ah), but costs twice as much.

I have an old impact driver, which has been useful a few times but not often, and now has one battery that won't charge and one that charges but doesn't hold charge well, and needs terminals cleaned again and sliding in and out of the charger and the driver a few times to get a decent contact whenever it is used. I've been thinking about getting the batteries (12V NiCd) recelled, but now I'm tempted to just get the Aldi kit.

If it was something I was going to use regularly though, probably not. (I use a drill far more often than impact driver, but I already have drills.)

Reply to
Alan Braggins