Aldi hoist cable questions

Hello,

I've finally bought an Aldi hoist. The power cable seems very short doesn't it?

The other cable, the one to the control, is causing me some concern. The way it was packed in the box has meant that there is a slight nick in the rubber. It doesn't seem to go all the way through and the hoist seems to work. Should I write it off as cosmetic or is it worth replacing whilst under warranty in case it has damaged the wire inside?

I notice there are two switches built into the hoist but they are not really mentioned in the instructions. It looks as though one is switched when the red disc at the end of the cable touches it. This would switch the hoist off when all the cable is rewound. That makes sense. What is the other switch for? It seems to move sideways but I couldn't see what would move that in use?

TIA Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen

Only briefly. 8-)

Up to you - you've seen it. It's pretty solid stuff though.

Stops the hoist if the cable jumps the drum, usually caused by either a kinked cable, or reeling it in with no weight on.

Reply to
Andy Dingley