Absolute rip-off crude oil derivatives

our's certainly does from time to time.

Reply to
charles

Umm.. I assumed it was the other way round: Costco market discontinued lines...

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message , Brian Gaff writes

Oil is one of the biggest rip-offs in car servicing. My wife's 1 litre car was in recently Invoice listed 40 units at 90p - £36 + 20% vat

Reply to
bert

Well my erstwhile employer no longer exists as a separate entity because in is very difficult to make money in marketing and refining in Europe.

OTOH, if you could print dollar bills for 5 cents a copy you would not have as good a profit margin as one producer I worked at, and that was in the 90s when crude oil was much cheaper than it is now.

Reply to
Michael Chare

Costco have dropped quite a few items we used to buy, it's now borderline on the membership and 100+ mile round trip being worth it. Last item to be dropped was bulk paracetamol, before that Sunmaid Raisens in tubs. They still have the product but in cardboard boxes which let the raisens dry out just that little bit too much.

Are Lidl still cash/debit card, like Costco? Aldi's recent move to accepting credit cards is a big plus as far as I'm concerned. Given a choice on routine shopping that alone would push me to Aldi. Now if only Aldi didn't have those damn "quid for your trolly" locks...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Lidl now accept credit cards. And NFC debit cards.

Reply to
polygonum

Email me your snail mail address and I'll send you one of the big bag full of keyrings with a fake pound coin attached I seem to have acquired.

(Unless they've run off with the fuses.)

Reply to
Huge

Kept that quiet but then Lidl is not convenient to visit with one in central Carlisle, the next one is Gateshead. Aldi has two on the outskirts of Carlisle, one in Penrith and one in Hexham...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Let's see what Santa has brought... If the family have been paying attention they should have picked up on a stocking filler. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Bob Eager

Most credit cards now. Which probably means higher prices.

I like those trolleys. Otherwise they get left scattered around the carpark - and Lidl carparks round here are busy.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In most cases that is a planning requirement imposed by the LA so that they (the LA) don't have to spend council tax payers money collecting them. You will find this in many "in town" supermarkets even those belonging to the majors

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Aldi and a Tesco Extra with not much more than 20' separating their walls. Aldi has "pay" trollies Tesco doesn't. It could still be a planning thing (Tesco have a lot of clout) but I think it's more a store policy that Aldi have "pay" trollies, I don't think I have ever been to an Aldi that doesn't have "pay" trollies, likewise it's a rare Tesco that does.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Heads up for those doing their own car servicing

Halfords are doing their now yearly oil sale

£12 for 4 litres of 5W30 Fully Synthetic
alan_m

Treat them the same as vampires - no sunlight/no daylight and keep cool (avoid frost)

Reply to
alan_m

Avoid supermarkets that have them in clear plastic bags - since packing they have probably already spent a week in the sunlight.

Reply to
alan_m

Since these smaller supermarkets have become very popular I've noticed the same. Around my way Pound Stretcher, Lidl, Farm Foods and Iceland have all located next door to one another and they all sell the basics (milk etc.) at low costs. Unfortunately it often means the car park(s) are full.

Reply to
alan_m

Local Lidl car park wasn't full yesterday. Only one car - in the middle. :-)

Reply to
polygonum

Seems to vary from store to store round here - as well as by owner. One has only the small trolleys having the coin in slot - the large ones not. I just keep a pound coin in the car. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

A broken down chest freezer in an outside shed isn't too bad a place to store spuds, Dark until you open the lid and the insulation usually stops too wild temperature variations. And more secure against rodents than sacks.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg