8 hundred and 92 knobheads

Again...."EV vehicles that are charged from hydro are 100% pollution free."

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I do like constructive thinking.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

100%... They never leak any fluid? Never leave rubber on a road?
Reply to
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts

I don't know why I'm bothering as you obviously can't understand the points being made.

Fast charge batteries: The current required over your 'few minute period' is so phenominally huge that, while the battery may take it, actually /supplying/ it just isn't feasible. Count how many petrol stations there are in the local area and multiply that by the 4MW calculated and add it to the loading on an already borderline national grid...

Capacitors, super or otherwise, are NOT a solution apart from a bit of brake regeneration storage. The energy density is lower than batteries and the overall capacity less than batteries. It's like saying one could use 12,476 rechargable AAs as a backup battery pack.

Scott

Reply to
Scott M

I often think, aftered I've wafted home in my Zil after a hard day at the Gulag, as I sit on my Russian made sofa, watching my Russian made television showing yet another successful Soviet space launch, "gosh, it's lucky we've got the Russians and their terrific engineerings."

Scott

Reply to
Scott M

But it wont be highly radioactive after a few decades, why do you need a myth of thousands of years?

Reply to
dennis

Well some time ago I did the calculation on adding all transport fuel requirements to a putative national grid with an assumed fuel efficiency of about 20%. Let's say you need something like double the grid capacity.

To do EVERYTHING with electricity came to about 3 times the grid and about £200bn of capital expense on power stations

It is actually within reason, though a mighty big transformation, ad cheaper than renewable energy of course, but there are deep stumbling blocks of which the main one is as we have been discussing, the lack of suitable transport batteries.

Symthetic fuel made from nuclear reactor heat might be a possible - feed in water and CO2 and drip diesel out of the end perhaps.

Sounds dangerous to me though!

yes.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

He has never understood anything.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Ha ha ha, drivel. You should go on the stage.

Reply to
Tim Streater

We keep telling the thicko this and he keeps on not getting it.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Again....."Because it is highly economical and far superior emissions"

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The station could use large supercaps. store slow charges from the grid, while the grid is being upgraded.

Others think differently. Read what I wrote.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

They are here. Not in your car but they are here. They are reality not pie in the sky

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

No doubt you agree with this confused person.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Do you know what a supercap is? They run buses in Shanghai. Thicko!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

They run a *trial* number of buses for a mile or two. Which may be OK from bus stop to bus stop, but not much more.

Reply to
Tim Streater

" Yes, the Americans were surprised, after the fall of the Soviet Union, to find hangars full of rocket engines made of metal alloys they were unfamiliar with. Not only that, but these were highly-efficient closed-cycle engines, something the US had given up on. They bought the lot and used them in their own launch vehicles."

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

They are running permanently - THICKO!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Fuck off drivel.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Electricity produced by hydro that charges cars is 100% pollution free. Get it? I doubt it.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel