8 hundred and 92 knobheads

4096 is 2**12 as ene skoolboy kno.
Reply to
Tim Streater

I'd never buy a non-turbo diesel as my only car, if wanted a workabout

2nd vehicle maybe I'd consider an bombproof old diesel ...
Reply to
Andy Burns

Been here for years.

No it isn't.

They are good as temporary storage for, e.g., regenerative braking, but practically useless as primary storage.

higher charge/discharge rates are possible but energy density is much lower.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Oh christ, I've been praised twice by Drivel.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

And the word size of my smallest desktop computer.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I would expect so... as a rate payer I would want to see a costed breakdown to make sure they do not have a higher TCO than a diesel. I have no interest in whether they promote a "green image" for the council. (since they are generally far from green!)

Don't think you are aiding the image of EVs with the milk float argument...

Probably yes... do the benefits make up for the massive price premium for the vehicle?

The technology is "ok" at best. However, unless backed by either better battery technology (and that would need to be an order of magnitude better), or a nationwide exchangeable battery system *and* a very significant expansion in nuclear generation capacity, they are pretty much pointless for the time being.

Right now petrol/diesel we have, spare generation capacity we don't - so pure EVs can't be adopted in any serious numbers.

Greenwash...

Reply to
John Rumm

With main and aux both full, 1453 miles on mine.

Reply to
grimly4

Did it happen in the middle of the road?

Reply to
grimly4

See below...

If that so then what if I want to make a long trip to Scotland from southern England or heaven forbid travel some distance around Europe how will that pan out in practice without waiting hours for recharges?..

When one might ask will they be in the showrooms;?..

At a reasonable competitive price compared with conventional cars?..

Well make up your mind if its an electric car or not?..

That engine if it does really exist and can be produced may well be more efficient then the existing but its hardly an electric car is it?..

Reply to
tony sayer

up of a supercapacitor integrated with a lead?acid battery cell."

Oh well.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Look in a mirror and say his name 3 times.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Neatly combining the worst of all possible worlds...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Actually, I do at the moment

Reply to
geoff

No No! You poor bastard!!! Is the Credit Crunch affecting you that bad Maxie? What a come down! You will have to play every night in that Paddy band to make ends meet.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Nobody seems to have spotted a major flaw with electric vehicles. If you run out of charge you are buggered - you couldn't push it because of the weight - with an ICE you could walk to the nearest garage with a can.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In the days when milk floats were common, it was also common to see them being towed home. And the likely reason was they had run out of power.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Just being sarcastic in answer to some one wanting such mileage on an electric vehicle that you do not usually get on normal vehicles.

Reply to
F Murtz

They never actually stop then? Are you dribble?

And? This somehow prevents it running out of power?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Would need for one of these new ultra super doper caps to be a rather hefty supply to be charged as fast as you might like;!!.. ?..

Reply to
tony sayer

I think Dave thats a given anyway!...

Reply to