Subject Author Posted Replies

Mouse sander pads - how long should they last before the sand wears off and they become "threadbare" (2024 Update)
We have a mouse sander and a supply of standard pads - not sure what coarseness of grit. How long should a pad last before the grit wears off in places and the pad is smooth and no longer capable of...
16
16

Storing petrol in a metal jerry can - is it better to keep the can partly or fully filled?
Given the volatility of petrol, is it better from a safety point of view to aim to keep a petrol jerry can partly (eg 1/4 or 1/2) full or to keep it almost completely filled? Or doesn't it matter?...
49
49

Windows 10 Version 2004 'New Features'
Has anyone taken the plunge and installed this yet ?. What does it do that we don't get now ?. It's the inevitable unexpected interaction with other applications like Kaspersky, Firefox, T'bird etc...
31
31

Re: UNBELIEVABLE: It's 16:37 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for almost FOURTEEN HOURS already!!!! LOL
his stuff is better than your stuff ....

Re: ot statues
On 10/06/2020 09:03, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
2
2

OT:Amazon Prime (less)
As is well known Amazon, is the spawn of the devil, are tax dodgers, grind their workers into the ground. them and Ryanair, Tesco, etc. etc. blah, blah, blah. However... Up until a few weeks ago I...
21
21

Tarmac repair
I?ve just built a ramp for my mother?s wheelchair which is looking pretty spiffy IMO but the pavement it rests on is uneven due to a poorly filled trench left over after water mains work. a communal...
15
15

Re: ot Nicola
LOL I can see you love her too !!!!!!

diy vending
Just came to the conclusion that my double cerial dispenser is my fav kitchen gadget ....
12
12

Briton
is it easy to adjust the tension in a Briton overhead self closer ?...do you just turn the bit on the end ? ...
2
2

Bath taps - always 3/4 inch?
Is there a building regulation that stipulates bath taps have to be 3/4 inch? I'm sure my bath taps are a duplicate of the basin taps, which are 1/2 inch. I won't know for sure till I switch off the...
6
6

Test. This used to be Usenet. What the h- has happened?
I used to post here. I feel like Rip Van Winkle (will that be censored?). This comes from "HomeOwnerdsHub" (sic). I hope it's OK and not spammy. I'm sure someone will tell me if it is... Are Usenet...
27
27

Cordless tool funny.
Got a Blaupunkt cordless tyre compressor. With a fresh battery it works for a decent time then stops. Leave it a few moments and it works again, but for a shorter time. Battery has capacity LEDs in...
19
19

Corroded contacts on intercom button
There's a panel of buttons for the intercom outside a house that's divided into flats and the buzzers in the flats sometimes don't work. It's a seaside location and I reckon the contacts have corroded...
17
17

Petrol lawn mower new lease of life
Hi all, My petrol lawn mower has been in the shed for a few years unused. Last I recall it went ok but spluttered a bit. At one point (before the spluttering) I thought I had put diesel in it by...
52
52