22mm overflow to 32mm waste adapter?

I have replaced an old "The Original Burlington" cast iron high level cistern and associated lead flush pipe and toilet in my outdoor loo, but find that the old overflow wall exit position is now far too high up the wall for my new low-level cistern.
I wish to connect the new 22mm plastic cistern overflow to a new 32mm wastepipe that I am going to install for a sink, as I don't want to drill separate holes in the wall for both unless strictly necessary.
Is there such a thing as an unequal 32/22mm tee available in plastic, or similar? I can't find anything suitable. I'm not sure if it's verboten to simply create a junction between a sink waste pipe and a cistern overflow, or I haven't looked for a suitable junction hard enough. Anybody know????
cheers,
Andy.
tel.net.uk> writes

A swept 32mm solvent T plus a 22/32mm solvent adaptor will do the job: http://www.bes.ltd.uk/products/128.asp code 11813 for the T http://www.bes.ltd.uk/products/129.asp code 11939 for the adaptor
--
fred

cistern
Anybody
what about http://www.bes.ltd.uk/products/119.asp code 11158, 11159 or 11160?
I think you need to be able to see that the cistern is overflowing, hence the tundish

Yup, that works, good idea . . . .
--
fred

cistern
Andy,
IIRC an overflow has to vent in such a way that it causes a nuisance that prompts you to fix the problem, so you cannot conveniently plumb it away to waste where the problem would be invisible and go undetected. (Often in public places you will see the overflow set so that it flows into a basin and thus can be seen.)
Andrew Mawson
Excellent replies folks! I hadn't thought of using the flush downpipe as a route for the overflow pipe; it'll be the most convenient way if I can get an adaptor.
I wouldn't have thought a tundish would be necessary in this circumstance, as you could see the water dribbling down the back of the pan. I'm sure there's a regulation somewhere saying this isn't good enough, but I can't make use of the tundish since the cistern is boxed in.
The reason I don't want to send the overflow pipe out through the wall is that the available area is small and congested with a tap, combi overpressure vent and a 32mm waste pipe already; it's beginning to look like the engine room of the Titanic in that area of my wall, on the outside.
Every time I find a good engineering solution some non-critical reg makes my life difficult! I shall probably fit the tundish and make a mental note to look in at it through the lid of the boxed off section once in a while!
Andy
On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:02:18 -0000, "andrewpreece"

Do what the previous owner did at my house, run the overflow to a pipe that goes outside then just sit it in the pipe so when it overflows it runs under the bath where you can't see it. ;-)
Mark S.
andrewpreece wrote

I'm just about to do the same job Andy. I found a thing called a Time-Saver Overflow Kit made by : Bergin Products Ltd, 110/124 The Broadway, West Hendon London NW9 7AA Tel: 020 8202 3737 Fax: 020 8202 6565
(can't find a website)
I bought mine in Woodley & Hart at Amersham, Bucks.
It's a bit like a strap boss (except it's aluminium). It's in 2 sections - you saddle them round the flush pipe where you want the connection and tighten the bolts up, then cut a hole in the pipe through the boss using a 22mm hole cutter. Finally you assemble the compression ring and rubber olive and fit the 22mm plastic overflow pipe into the boss just like a mini sink waste pipe. (I hope that makes sense, I'd do a pic if I could)
If you can't get hold of one let me know (remove no & spam)
Peter

Time-Saver
sections - you

the
cutter.
22mm
hope
Thanks,
I found that the only thing I could get hold of over-the-counter was a kit rather as you describe; a pair of clamps or saddles ( in plastic ) with rubber seals that tighten against the overlow tube when screwed together, with a 19-23mm compression fitting coming of one of the saddles. I came across three versions of the same type of fitting, one had a 22mm hole-cutter included!
Of course, it went a bit wrong as when I got it home the instructions said that the arrangement must be fitted with the 22mm compression fitting thingy vertical, impossible with the geometry I have, so I smeared some evil smelling sealant stuff over the rubber seals and fitted it horizontally ( i.e. attached to the vertical section of the flush pipe ). I expect I've committed some cardinal sin by doing so and the sky will fall on my head, but it appears to work just fine. I fitted a tundish thingy as well as a nod towards the regulations.
BTW, is it really true that I need to have a man from the planning people come and watch me do a pressure test if I fit a new push-fit waste pipe in my outside toilet? It has an admirable aim as rules go, but I just think that those dutiful enough to call the planning officer up to watch said test will do the job properly anyway, whilst those who do a bad job won't even consider having someone looking over their shoulder and telling them they have to do it again!!
Andy
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 21:42:22 +0000, andrewpreece wrote:

Whilst the fittings are readily available you would be better off drilling through the wall at low level to produce an external visible over flow pipe.
Also many modern cistrns now don't have any external over flow pipe the overflow happens internally through the syphon into the bowl.
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk
Ed Sirett wrote:

All of the newer flap valves, that I've seen, that go with the new 6L flush cisterns seem to be like that. Also the Flowmaster flap valve adaptor for older cisterns obliviates the need for an overflow pipe.