Subject Author Posted Replies

Toolsatan inside Wickes
Popped into my local Wickes today. I know most of the staff pretty well & showed them the latest Toolsatan catalogue - which had the news about three Toolsatans opening inside Wickes branches. Staff...
12
12

OT: buying an electric bike for the missus
The missus wants to get back into riding a bike, and as it's her birthday soon, i thought i'd get her an electric bike, She's seen them in Germany and loved the idea, and particularly likes the...
82
82

Haynes manuals in general, Renault Clio in particiular.
Went into Halfords to browse the Haynes manuals today. I want to buy one as a gift for a friend who has a 2013 Renault Clio. None of the manuals on display for any of the marques went beyond 2011....
17
17

Installing concrete fence posts
I'm planning to instal a short run of fencing between two front gardens using these concrete posts and panels: The panels are 900mm / 3ft tall. Is there any reason not to get 2440mm / 8ft posts -...
9
9

curious! Said Alice...
Wife's new credit card got a transaction refusal at a London restaurant.... On the way home Tesco Hatfield had no diesel so we trawled around several dimly remembered outlets that now no longer sell...
19
19

Painting Marley Cement Hanging Tiles
Is it possible to paint these type of tiles ? They are a dark brown colour. Has anyone had good results doing this. What type of paint did they use and what prep is needed ? Thnx for any help .
4
4

Dishwasher help!
My Bosch SGS43T82GB dishwasher has taken to failing to pump the water out. First time, I tried to get to where the pump was and failed to find a way i n from the back/bottom. Then I just freed the...
8
8

There is no pleasing some women
Her washing machine would not empty so I said I would fix it. And I did. The way she carried on anyone would think that she is the only woman in the world to have to mop up a flooded kitchen floor.
16
16

drain de greaser / biological something for septic tanks?
use neat caustic soda and a kettle of hot water by the time it hits the septic tank it will be well diluted and have mostly eaten the fats and turned to soap.
16
16

Durable finish for exterior wood sign.
+1 I am all oak exterior wise. Either resign yourself to it cracking and peeling - sepecailly if it gets rained on HARD, or simply leave it natural. a pressure wash in spring cleans off the gunk....
12
12

Incoming Water Main
I am having an extension which will require the incoming water main (Blue Plastic) to be re-routed into the new bit. Are there any rules about how the pipe should enter the property?
2
2

What to use as packer?
Hammer flat a scrap of copper pipe - that will make about 2mm, fold once for 4 ;-)
9
9

Hedge trimmers - recommendations
Another vote for Viking (now Stihl). I bought mine 7 years ago, and was amazed by how smooth it is in use. I then bought a petrol one for remote use, but found that vibrated too much, and didnt get...
5
5

insulating chimney breast
So, the room with the fireplace that we have decided to keep for the time b eing, is to be redecorated. We took all the paper off, and now it was obvio us some of the plaster needs redoing. It's on an...
1
1

PTFE tape OK for Aga oil burner?
In order to clear the burner carbon from me oil aga and lacking a 12" long drill, I disconnected the pipe where it actually feeds the burner. assembly. Its a sort of straight brake pipe type thing and...
4
4