Subject Author Posted Replies

TOT - Web pages design question
I've got a web site (anti wind turbine) which consists of 5 pages with a standard header with navigation buttons across the top. When a button is clicked the appropriate page is loaded, complete with...
65
65

Planer thicknesser
Any recommendations for a planer thicknesser? I have been looking for a unit which is reasonably portable or luggable. The Woodstar PT85 has a good spec for my needs and at about ?250 is affordable...
3
3

Cutting a doorway
One of my endless future proects is to move an internal doorway from one wall into another and to avoid making a mahoosive mess I really want to avoid breaking out the 9" angle grinder. It's 1909...
23
23

Samsung VP-D230 digital cam help
Ok not the correct forum but I have tried google and a Samsung forum bu no replies so thought maybe someone here has the same model. I have been given the above camera and although an old model is...
9
9

Cleaning toilets with old battery acid
Is it a good idea to clean toilets with old battery acid? Or could this damage the china etc? [George]
19
19

OT Some interesting stuff on the opportunities for Pumped Storage in Norway, to act as Europe's 'battery'
and the video presentation http://tinyurl.com/md7u5k5 http://tinyurl.com/kc3j8go

Dehumidifier speculation
A dehumidifier works (I am assuming) by drawing air at the ambient temperature over a cooling area where the air temperature drops past the dew point and water condenses out. The higher the ambient...
6
6

Poles
Had some unexpected Polish sub-contractors at my place the other day. Useless set of wankers, just out to make a quick buck clearly. Why anybody would want to employ Poles baffles me. Get a cheap job...
23
23

Curved TVs
Call me stupid, but why would you want your TV curved? Isn't that like going back to the old crappy tubes?...
46
46

Need help with rather old gas CH system no starting up
We have a CH system which has a Potterton "Netaheat" boiler running on bottled gas (big tank in the garden). It's a fully pumped system with a Honeywell ST7100 controller. It only gets turned on...
12
12

Strange LED outdoor floodlight behaviour
I am in the processing of replacing my outdoor security lights with LEDs these are in 2 separate circuits. There is one at the back of the house controlled by a single PIR while 3 at the front...
15
15

Re: car breakdown cover (again)
£15 quid a month would probably be quite good value if it not only covered breakdowns, but the cost of a new boiler when needed. But most maintenance contracts don't include the cost of a new boiler...
3
3

GIGA News still taking my posts via BT internet
BT sent me an email a few days ago saying that their agreement with Giga News had ceased and directed me to them to sign up for what looks like an outrageous amount. However, I can still reply to...
2
2

Boiler cover - is it worth it and who to get it from?
I got a letter from Corgi HomePlan about boiler cover. The price didn't loo k too bad but I presume it's just a form of insurance from someone who's bo ught the Corgi name after they became GasSafe....
51
51

Dimmer switch wiring - reality check
I've just installed a fancy new 4-gang all-singing all dancing dimmer switch. The wiring diagram for this is at (or and it shows the switch wired 'L' to the terminal marked 'live' and 'N' to the one...
5
5