Subject Author Posted Replies

Common waste for dishwasher and washing machine
These will be next to each other. There is very little room behind these appliances and was wondering how practical it is to have a common waste system. Are there any regulations on the horizontal...
8
8

Pressurising a CH system
For a lot of good reasons that are nothing to do with the operation of the system, I've been thinking about converting my gravity-fed CH system. Now Im sure this will precipitate a bunch of leaks, but...
13
13

What are these plastic inserts in the toilet pan?
Just fitted a toilet. The pan has three plastic inserts in three holes that allow the water into the pan from the cistern. Sketch here: The inserts are like a rigid tube 1.5 to 2 inches in diameter...

OT: No Offence - foam
The somewhat graphic misuse of an expanding foam aerosol featured in the final episode of this series, the outcome being a little more serious than an overfilled canoe and ruined jumper. ;-) Chris
15
15

Leveling and extending a terrible existing concrete base for a shed.
Hi All, I'm new to this group and thought I'd post a question (probably answered be fore so apologies, I can't find the answer). I've decided to have a go at replacing my old shed which presently sits...
9
9

OT Climate Change
Now it seems, we have global cooling, as predicted by Russian astronomers about a decade or so ago: They also warned that it is potentially much more dangerous than global warming, as food crops are...
25
25

What sealants conform to "flexible fire resistant compound"?
This would be for a sealant between a sleeve and a pipe carrying gas. I notice that the IGEM procedures use the term "mastic seal" as an example but the description "mastic" is very vague. Can anyone...
4
4

Everyday Electronics electric guitar
Did anyone here ever make one of these, or know someone who did? Does anyone else even remember it? Just curious.
44
44

I wonder if I could get free digs at this rewire?
I have often stayed on site when working in empty homes:-) The Queen may have to move out of Buckingham Palace temporarily to allow maintenance work costing £150m to be carried out, royal officials...
13
13

Anyone else think it's odd...
...that the UK are actively helping refugees from Africa crossing the Mediterranean to safety in Italy, but after that are blaming Italy and France for poor border security when they try to get to the...
5
5

OT: Greenie hippies win court case forcing the Netherlands to sling up more useless wind turbines.
We are probably next to see the same and the resulting hike in our energy bills I suppose. Philip A court in the Netherlands orders the government to cut greenhouse gas emissions by at least 25% by...
7
7

Answer to a maiden's prayer ?
I got an email flier in from TLC this morning including an Instant Hot wate r Handwash Tap from Redring @£49. Has anyone any experience of these ? Our house is single storey so the gra vity feed DHW...
20
20

Car door lock suddenly noisy
One of the door locks on my Nissan Note has started producing a sort of mechanical whirring sound when I lock it with the key-remote; the actual locking (and unlocking) still works perfectly....
5
5

New boiler
Last I heard, Vaillant and Worcester Bosch are the two boilers of choice. Is that still the case? It's just a combi for a two-bedroom bungalow, btw.
11
11

Electric drill sparking like a good 'un..
D'day, My old Wickes electric drill has started sparking brightly from the back end, presumably where the brushes are located. It also cuts out intermittently. Is the drill in the throes of giving up...
15
15