Subject Author Posted Replies

Using Immersun with PV Solar
I have a 4kW PV solar system ......... it has been suggested that I install an Immersun unit ... If I understand the concept right, it monitors any unused PV power (i.e. that would be exported to the...
78
78

Probate form sent in, whats next?
As the sole executor of a Will, a couple of weeks ago I filled in the IHT plus Probate forms, hand delivered them and paid the fee. Could someone advise what the next stage might in involve please? I...
13
13

Coram shower trays
Puzzled as to why there are 2 versions of these, one with 3 tiling upstands and one with 4. As it's not going in a corner or an alcove, I figure I only need one upstand. I must be missing something...

The power cut that wasn't
There I was sat at the computer playing a game of snooker, and all the lights go out, and the UPS alarms go off... Oh well, another power cut - not that common round here but we get a few a year...
14
14

Air compressor fittings - help....
Hi I was given an air compressor and when I decided buying a combined nail/ st aple gun and hose for it. I ended up buying the recent one in Lidl together with the retractable hose reel - all have...
15
15

Hacksawing my way to bed
Yesterday morning I noticed the latch on the bedroom door was getting a bit "tired" - the handle was not fully retracting the latch and now and then it would catch on the striker plate a little bit,...
14
14

Immersion Heater thermostat issues.
I think I have an immersion Heater thermostat on the blink. I awoke this morning to a bit of a gurgling and hissing, and the hot water tank was very hot as was the expansion pipe in the back of the...
20
20

OT More EUSSR skullduggery.
(You will need Google translate) EUSSR handbooks handed out in TURKEY. DIY guide to "Getting to Europe" (Door: “de^mol”) De recente (vanaf de zomer van 2015) sterke toename van de migranten in...

Bulb types for ceiling lights
I've just fitted a couple of "Conrad" flush ceiling lights from John Lewis and was hoping to use LED bulbs in them, but the Sfix 12W (=60W) LAP LED bulbs are too directional when fitted horizontally....
10
10

Solar Query - Why don't the government...
Why don't the government give an increased FIT for East/West array? This would significantly smooth out the solar peak and encourage a much greater up-take by the large percentage of folks who don't...
34
34

For nuclear fans...
Somethi9ng is definitely going on at the hidden end of politics. Has Osborne et al finally realised that greenspin is OK for votes, but a country with no electricity doesn't wash so well?
79
79

Dettol woes
Tried to use Dettol for cleaning the washing machine rubber jobbie. Is it likely that Dettol in a bottle with a use-before date of 01 Oct 1997 will still be useful?
5
5

Bad toilet flush
I sought help with this problem before on here but found no solution. Until now. Briefly a toilet that had once flushed satisfactorily got to the stage wher e it took a lot of effort to get it flush...
1
1

Washing machine woes (3)
While the repair bloke was here, we also mentioned that from time to time the machine stops with a "low water pressure" bleat. It restarts on pressing start but that's a nuisance if one has set the...

Washing machine woes (2)
I also noticed that the rubber jobbie that seals the drum to the front of the machine has black patches and niffs somewhat, as in mouldy. My attempts to remove that blackening with old Dettol appear...
16
16