Subject Author Posted Replies

Angle Grinder Question?
Any suggestions for making the changing of cutting disks easier. Having lef t a stone cutting disk in for sometime I had a devil of a job removing it t o replace with a diamond saw and resorted to...
5
5

Mystery bidder
Was it Adam? The "slave Leia" bikini, worn by Carrie Fisher in Return of the Jedi, fetches $96,000 at auction.
3
3

OT - any Facebook experts on here?
I'm not very experienced with FB but I use it to chat to a couple of friends as it's easier than email. Sometimes I get a notification that my last message was read at a particular time. Recently I've...
6
6

Island uses combined hydro and wind power to generate electricity
One of the smaller Canary islands, el Hierro, has built a combined hydro/wind power station. Hydro is used by allowing water to flow from an upper reservoir to a lower reservoir, driving turbines, and...
19
19

Opacifying glass
What are the options for opacifying glass in situ? We have a new bathroom door with a clear panel (because the makers don't do one with frosted glass) that our designer assured us would be opaque...
14
14

plasic adhesives for laptop repair
Replaced a broken screen on a laptop. The only problem has been that in separating the black plastic lid back from the black plastic lid inner bezel I broke a number of tiny plastic tabs off so that I...
15
15

Final Vulcan flights may be cancelled
The final flights of Britain's last airworthy Vulcan bomber may have to be cancelled because of fears a huge influx of sightseers will create havoc on roads around its home airport. Glad I saw it a...
16
16

Plugin mcb for old cu
We have a small flat and I've been looking to upgrade the electrics, The wiring looks in good condition and also the wiring within the CU is clean and properly run (is not just a jungle of wires). The...
2
2

Deleting a Win7 system
Having eventually (*) managed to recover my system back up onto a replacement hard drive when the original one failed, I've ended up with a basic Win7 operating system on another SATA drive that I...
24
24

Cordless Tools in 1928
So expensive! NT http://www.wkfinetools.com/hUS-borTools/NorthBros/pubs/1926-YankeeTools/0_img-pdf/1926-YankeeTools-NorthBros-ne.pdf...
5
5

parking OT?
Reading the graded insults elsewhere about car parking issues I thought this might deserve a sensible thread... Why is echelon parking not used more? I realise it makes backing into a spot much harder...
15
15

Re: The Miracle of Iron
Pot - kettle - black
7
7

Header Tank Gunge
Header Tank Gunge Our central heating system has a separate header tank for the heating side of the system. I had a look in said tank and found to my horror that its has loads of slimy gunge floating...
4
4

Electrical wiring question
Having being suitably impressed after installing 2 x LED light panels in the shower room I am looking to replace 12 halogen (600 watts) with 5 LED panels (60 watts) in the kitchen. Although I probably...
15
15

Cleaning out an electric motor?
Hi all, I just picked up an old floor standing pillar drill and the (synchronous?) motor pulley has been rubbing on the motor frame and showered the motor with fine aluminium filings. Plus there is...
8
8