Angle Grinder Question?

Any suggestions for making the changing of cutting disks easier. Having lef t a stone cutting disk in for sometime I had a devil of a job removing it t o replace with a diamond saw and resorted to gripping the disk in a vice an d applying a hammer to the spanner to eventually release it. Having finishe d with the diamond saw I decided to remove it straight away but again found it difficult, not helped by the fact that the two pin spanner tends to ben d near the pins. I am reluctant to grease the spindle but is that my only a lternative?
Richard
On 05/10/2015 11:51, Tricky Dicky wrote:

Does the nut turn okay once loosened?
Why does the spindle lock not work?
My son has lost my two pin spanner. However, I drop a couple of screwdriver bits into the holes (allen key bits or torx work best) then grip those with long-handled pump pliers and turn. Works nicely.

The DeWalt AG I recently bought came with a neat long Allen key - so little chance of cutting fingers when undoing disc clamp. No a help to you though - sorry.
GB wrote:

Early angle grinders did not haVE A SPINDLE LOCK THEY USED A SPANNER ON THE SHAFT AND THE NORMAL PIN SPANNER.hit the caps lock mistake

On 05/10/2015 11:51, Tricky Dicky wrote:

Can't say I have ever had the problem - are you over tightening the nut? You only need snug it up, since it tightens against the direction of rotation.
You can buy third party spanners if yours is not very good.
(in fact in many cases I find that you can remove the disc even without the spanner simply by applying the spindle lock and turning the disk in the appropriate direction).
--
Cheers,

John.

Cant say I have ever had that problem, even with the disc left in the angle grinder for years quite literally.
You sure the threaded bit that has the metal disc that holds the disk on isn't all rusted up etc ?

Not if its all rusted up. You can obviously fix that.
On Monday, 5 October 2015 11:52:05 UTC+1, Tricky Dicky wrote:

eft a stone cutting disk in for sometime I had a devil of a job removing it to replace with a diamond saw and resorted to gripping the disk in a vice and applying a hammer to the spanner to eventually release it. Having finis hed with the diamond saw I decided to remove it straight away but again fou nd it difficult, not helped by the fact that the two pin spanner tends to b end near the pins. I am reluctant to grease the spindle but is that my only alternative?

As said it shouldn't be done up anything like that tight
NT