Subject Author Posted Replies

showerpowerbooster -any one used it?
Has anyone used these? ( My low voltage 'waterfall' pump has become faulty and I'm looking for a solution. I saw the showerpowerbooster demonstrated by the inventor at an exhibition and it looked just...
9
9

Where have all the automatic car washes gone?
This is sort of on topic, because washing the car ought to be a do-it-yourself job, but I dislike doing it especially in very cold weather like now. So, especially in winter, I used to take the car to...
42
42

Re: OT:RF Paranoia ?!
I doubt it. If you knew what frequency they were using it might be possible to jam it. But random is just as likely to effect their communication equipment as a bomber's remote. And these days it...
2
2

OT: Physics
What is the difference between foot-pounds (or whatever the fancy, metric equivalent is nowadays) and foot-pounds/second?
44
44

Water softener funny
Having lots of visitors for long periods this year, I took my eye off the ball and allowed the water softener to run out of salt. I refilled the softener from the leftover salt box, pressed the...
4
4

Removing tiled plywood floor ?
Small room 6 x 6 feet. I have removed the floor tiles and now need to remove the plywood (nailed to the floorboards) The ply has residual tile cement on it and ideally I want to take out in sections....
1
1

Extractor fan dead?
Have one of these in the (quite large) bathroom: It is/has been used A LOT. The original (identical one) lasted around 5 years, and this one around 3 years. The first one stopped working one day -...
7
7

Disconnecting gas cooker in Suffolk - help!
Not sure anyone can advise here but... Mother in law is moving in with us - she's 95 and quite frail. We have to clear the house by the end of the week, and the house clearers are coming Tuesday...
76
76

Mounting an LCD computer monitor
I've got a 24 inch LCD computer monitor that I'd like to mount to table or wall-mounted bracket but the monitor doesn't have the common VESA fitting that would make it easy, so I need to cobble...
26
26

Disposing of polystyrene boxes
I am getting fairly regular delivery of frozen food in polystyrene boxes. These are too large to fit in the rubbish bin. Cutting them up makes a mess of beads everywhere. Anyone an neat and tidy...
27
27

Insulating containers?
Looking at container conversion as option for office space in a larger unin sulated workshop. Top option seems to be spray foam interior with studs to take dry lining an d insulate floor. it fills all...
36
36

OT: mathematical conundrum
Ok, let's try this: If 'i' is the square root of minus 1, what is 'i' squared?
94
94

O/T Is there a group covering general health issues please?
Hi all, can anyone tell me if there is an active group covering general health issues please ? (I am a male in my 70s living in the UK) I have tried: alt.health misc.health But there seems no activity...
31
31

Accuracy of plasterboard cut.
This will be my 1st time putting plasterboard on ceiling and I have to fit around the pipe stack. My main concern is if I measure too accurately and maybe a couple of mm oversize it would be a pain to...
11
11

Damp area on Plasterboard
In my bathroom I have an area of plasterboard near the end of the bath where damp has got in and has cased the paper layer to lift and blister. Any ideas for a fix? The source of the problem has been...
1
1