Subject Author Posted Replies

More free money for a tight tyke
More free money, as back in the 1970's, I used to get it to £10-00 and match the tenner I had in my Sky Rocket . https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyHNScrWQAA8Lg0.jpg

OT : Holiday Request
OT message to all: Please don't forget to log in to the net when you are on holiday every day and share with us everything that you have done: what train you caught and from where: how much you paid...
8
8

Meter maids.
Changed to a new dual fuel deal a couple of months ago. Got an email from them asking for meter readings by 9/12. Made a note to read them just before this date. My theory being the actual usage over...
46
46

Hive central heating controller - one channel or two
We're thinking of getting a Hive remote-controlled central heating controller/thermostat so we can set our heating to come on several hours before we get home from holiday etc. I'm trying to work out...
23
23

MK Egatube boxes
I'm trying to figure out the best way to attach an MK Egatube Tee Box to a wall: But I'm a bit baffled about the best way to do it (and Google is not helping). The catalogue refers to "swivel lugs"...
5
5

Table Football with Power drills
There has to be way to include an angle grinder? Richard A Derby engineering firm got bored of table football, so attached power drills to the handles.
3
3

zips
wonder if he is still in business
1
1

Using Geocel 'The Works' in a shower instead of silicone.
Using Geocel 'The Works' in a shower instead of silicone. Has anyone tried this? I am fed up with the silicone going mouldy and am looking for an alternative. Thanks Brendan.
2
2

Sonicrafter F30 Bargain @Homebase
I've been looking to get a multi-tool for a while and never quite found the need, not even for an ALDI special but in our local Homebase on Friday there was a mountain of Worx Sonicrafter F30's on...
1
1

Correct tool for the job on tour pt2
How do people use these tiny phones? They should use the proper tool for the job as my Dad keeps telling me
2
2

Skimming question
The last time I skimmed a joint in plasterboard I used a product which I cant remember the name of but it was sold as an easier to use subsitute for normal skimming plaster, although proper plasterers...
9
9

OT: Yikes! exploding e-cigarettes.
You wouldn't want this happening in your trouser pocket... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/headlines/38093489
9
9

OT: a couple of observations on Antartic ice.
The extent of the Antartic ice is about the same now as it was 100 years ago. and The huge Pine Island glacier in the Antartic has been melting since the 1940's; it's not a recent occurrence. and
3
3

Nice bit of wiring to a summerhouse
The incomer is two core flex from a from a non RCD protected supply. The main use of the socket is to power some Christmas lights (which are not IP rated) around the summerhouse. We got the phone call...
8
8

Cillit Bang nozzle (2023 Update)
The Limescale spray doesn't any more after only a few weeks. I've managed to remove the spray head from the bottle, but can't see an obvious way to disassemble it. I can't tell whether it's broken...
9
9