Need recommendation for replacement chuck

I have a Porter Cable 12V cordless that I love. It's the one I use for everyday sorts of work (I have a monster 19.2V for nasty work). This PC is from a couple of years ago, and has a keyless - but non ratcheted - 3/8" chuck. I want to replace it with a good ratcheted chuck. I already called PC. They do not offer a replacement ratcheted chuck that will fit on a 3/8" spindle. I know I can buy a DeWalt DW2350, but I've always been frustrated by the one problem with DW chucks - not being able to hold on to small bits, like 1/16".
I would very much appreciate getting a recommendation for a good keyless, ratcheted chuck that will fit on a 3/8" spindle and can hold on to small bits. Of course given the age of the drill I'm not sure I want to spend more than about $40 - $50. Heck, if Milwaukee makes a good ratcheted chuck that I can buy as a replacement part I'll gladly use it.
I just checked all the drillmotors that have in the basement shop, keyed and keyless. I don't think any of the keyless grab small bits and hold without slipping and they eventually getting bound up when time to remove the bit.
I don't have a Jacobs keyless chuck but if they make them they would be the best in my opinion. ~Del