RJ33 Replacement Chuck. Help Please!

Well I got the Darn thing off. I had a runout problem on a Ryobi DP100. Took the chuck of using a lawnmower blade:) and the Chuck is marked RJ33-18L

I cant find any RJ33 chucks on the net? I see JT33 all over the place though. Are they the same?

Reply to
MSgeek

Google tells all...

Roy Smith

Typical tapers on machines are:

JT - Jacobs Taper (named after the drill chuck maker but adapted/adopted by just about everyone)

MT - Morse Taper (longer tapers used on drill presses and lathes)

Brown and Sharp (again after the company/used on milling machines)

L-00 or L00 (a taper with a key seat milled in)

R-8 (short self-releasing taper used on milling machines)

Do the Ryobi folks just mighta wanted to loft themselves up to the higher heights and have their own taper? This could be it's a scheme to be proprietary? A combination of Ryobi and Jacobs? Could the 18 be a "threads per inch/TPI" designation? Quite the puzzler, eh?

I do have to ask, what/is the problem with buying a new one from Ryobi?

UA100, who also went a Web searching and came up with tobacco links...

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Because the reason most generic DPs have bad runout is from the generic OEM chucks.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

Reply to