Would pipe insulator work on water heater connectors?

I have two foam pipe insulator that come with the GE water heater. It says that I should install it on the hot and cold pipes nearest to the water heater which is near the hot exhaust shoot. Instead of pipes pictured on the instruction manual, I fitted two 15" water heater connectors on the hot and cold side . Is it okay to put this pipe insulator on the water connector?
Thanks
"Leroy Mowry"
Sure, knock yourself out.

Wouldn't they melt into those copper pipes? Take for example you boil your brass tea pots and put it on top of these foam insulators, they would melt and stick to the pot. I assume they would stick to the copper pipes too?
"Leroy Mowry"
The water is only 130 degrees or so. Do you think the flex connectors are going to get hotter than regular pipe or something? They'll both get as hot as the water coming out of the tank, no more. If you put the foam on, fine. If not, fine. The foam thingys are just for show anyway.