Replacing Thermosats for Intertherm Electric Hot Water Baseboard Heaters

My house has Intertherm electric hot water baseboard heaters. I think the heaters were installed in the 70's. I'd like to replace the thermostats with more modern looking thermostats. Can I do that w/o effecting the heaters? If I can replace them will you recommend some contemporary looking replacements?